So...what are some of my birthday highlights?
*Making my first rainbow cake, ie cupcakes. I think they turned out cute but I would have liked to have seen more color. The first layer of cake that you see below in the pics - where is the cupcake is split in half - is a light green, so it didn't show up as well as the blue and pink. It ended up looking like the funfetti cake and not a color.
* Wearing my comfy Missoni skirt. I love it and can't wait to wear it more during the fall and winter time. However, I'm not sure if I like my calf white length leggings with it. It makes me look a little squatty than normal. Lol. What do you think? Honesty please...
* Eating a ton of cupcakes. All I am going to say is...oops and I better start working out! ;)
* My sweet gift from my brother. I love how he wrapped my present. He made it like a cross word puzzle and you had to figure it out. Can you believe my 21 year old brother does thoughtful things like this?! I love it!
* Going to see the movie Drive with my brother. A few of you were wondering how it was. I personally really like it but it has really mixed reviews. Their is a lot of gory violence so if you are really sensitive to violence then it might not be your cup of tea. The reasons I love it? Well, Ryan Gosling is such an amazing actor and I'm not just saying that because he's cute. He really shows his human emotions in this film and it just tugged on my heart strings. If you can look beyond violence (which is for a reason, trust me,) then you will find a gem of a film that symbolizes true love at its finest. Human emotion is portrayed SO well and the characters don't talk as much, which bothers some people, but I happen to think it is beautiful because their emotions are found on their faces and you can tell what they are thinking. Also -the cinematography is breathtaking. Trust me, you will want to see this movie. If you do let me know what you think!
* This is the first birthday I've had with my entire family in a long time. I loved going out to dinner with them, spending time with them, and soaking up precious memories. I know I won't be in Utah much longer so I'm really going to cherish my time here.
* Though it hasn't happened yet, I'll be heading to CA in about a week and celebrating BK and my birthdays together! Our birthdays are one week a part. Yay!
So I made a ginormous collage - are you ready? Scroll to the bottom and you'll find out who the WINNER is of the Missoni giveaway. Thanks to everyone who entered!
Congratulations to Tiffany
for winning the Target for Missoni GIVEAWAY!
Please e-mail me with your addy so I can mail you your prize!
Have a lovely week Ocean Dreamers!
There's more fashion and autumn posts to come!