Happy weekend Ocean Dreamers!
Have any fun and exciting weekend plans?
I'm a week strong into my workout program and so far so good! I've worked out 4 days this week (will be 5 total after tomorrow) and I'm feeling stronger and more determined. My biggest fear is that I'll cave and start binging on something yummy...but I am determined to eat food in moderation and I have a support group to motivate me along the way.
Want to know my action plan?
- Hit the gym 5 days a week and do at least 45 minutes of cardio, burning at least 400 calories during each workout.
- Limit my food intake to 1,400 calories daily (suggested by my brother who is a trainer and he based it on my height of 5'5)
- Cut out sweets but if I absolutely have a snack attack I am allowing myself to eat something small and in moderation!
- Overall I want to lose 20 pounds. Every 2 pounds I lose I am going to treat myself to a scoop of ice cream or a cup of chocolate covered gummy bears, lol.
My favorite thing to eat is chicken. There is so much you can do with chicken to create a scrumptious meal. There are a number of chicken recipes I really need to take the time to explore and I'm determined to be more creative with my meals and start cooking more often!
Confession: I'm so not a cook, I'm more like the character in the book The Undomestic Goddess, lol. I can't believe I just told you that...oh well, I'm only human. ;) By the way if you haven't read this book I suggest that you should! It's hilarious.
But on to my first chicken recipe that I first want to master...
- 6-8 chicken drumsticks and/or wings
- 6 tbls tomato ketchup
- 3-4 tbls fruity brown sauce
- 2 tbls worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbls brown sugar
Have a happy weekend and if you are on a workout and health quest like me - good luck and you can do it!