And after a long winter season, we can easily acknowledge that our cold weather wardrobe and home decor simply do not match the spring and summer mood.
The desire to reflect this seasonal change often stirs in us, and we want the appearance of our home and wardrobe to match the warmth the weather brings. However, giving our wardrobe and home a complete overhaul would be downright costly and overwhelming, not to mention time-consuming.
But by making just a few simple changes, transforming a wardrobe and home for the warm weather season can actually be a pretty simple process. All you have to do is follow a few no-sweat steps, and spring and summer will easily be found in your home and wardrobe in no time.
1. Jazz Up Your Window Sill: The window sill is the perfect place to display signs of spring and summer. After all, this is where the glorious sunshine of the season pours in. Place a few glass mason jars on your windowsill and fill them with bright, dried herbs (like red pepper flakes, basil, and yellow mustard seed powder). The display will brighten the space and serve a practical purpose too.
2. Add Color to Your Kitchen Table: The warm season calls for pops of color. The kitchen table provides an ideal space for bright, vibrant colors to be displayed. Placemats offer just enough splash of color for spring and summer, and the good news is you can easily make them yourself! All you need is fabric, scissors, a ruler, iron and fusible bonding web (adhesive for fabrics found in craft stores). Because you are making these yourself, you will be able to pick out your own color and fabric design for the placemats. Voila! Spring and summer will be represented exactly the way you want it to!
3. Brighten Up Your Luggage: There are two ways you can brighten up your luggage this spring and summer. You can splurge on a new luggage set or you can spend some DIY time spicing up the old. A very easy DIY way of accomplishing this task is to change up the handle of your luggage. Simply find a bright and vibrant scarf that you already have and wrap the scarf securely around the handle. This step will change the entire appearance of your luggage, making it reflect spring and summer in a unique way.
4. Display Colorful Fresh Flowers: Of course flowers are instantly associated with spring and summer. Therefore, flowers become a must-have home accessory in this season. A beautiful yet simple way to display fresh flowers is to add color to mason jars by using spray paint. This step beautifies the jar and allows flowers to be displayed for everyone to see and enjoy.
5. Decorate Scarves: You can easily bring the spring and summer seasons into some of the scarves you already have on hand. No need to buy new ones! Gather your plain scarves and buy some colorful acrylic craft paint to use on them. Before you paint your scarves, add some water to the paint to make it easier to work with. This quick and easy project will give you a perfect accessory to dress up your wardrobe!
7. Upgrade Your Old Jeans: Before tossing out your old jeans, why not transform them for the warm weather season? You can easily embellish your jeans to your liking by using little gold or silver stones that you find at the craft store and by following just a few easy steps. You will be amazed at how fresh and revived your jeans will look for the season!
Aimee Lyons is a twenty-something free spirit who loves crafting, painting, building, and anything else that lets her exercise her creative muscles. A born do-it-yourself kind of girl, she started DIYDarlin.com to inspire others to embrace their inner creators and tackle projects with confidence. When she isn’t crafting, you might find her vintage shopping or taking her Corgi Champ out exploring in her hometown of Austin, Texas.